Thursday, April 1, 2010

The significance of red nails


THE LADY WITH THE RED NAILS

This may be weird to some of you, but I'm so proud of the fact that I'm painting my nails again. It's been years since I did this. When I was thinner, I always painted my nails.

You see, when you feel like crap and look like crap, it makes you not give a crap about having painted nails! Well, for me, anyways. Can't speak for everyone, I guess.

This small act of painting my nails is actually a huge deal for me. What appears as a small change on the outside, is actually a HUGE change on the inside.

Lots of mental goodness has taken place since I started 12WBT five weeks ago. Granted, I've also had lots of self-doubt, depression, tears and anger along the way, too, but I've refused to let those things stop me like I have so many times before.

So, although I have a LONG way to go on the outside, the inside is shaping up quite nicely!

Nancy

1 comment: