Thursday, April 1, 2010

Madness or clarity?

I think I had a moment of temporary madness this afternoon after I re-watched all of the Michelle Bridges videos posted on the 12WBT website.

(Okay, okay, I know Michelle wouldn't want me to call it a moment of "temporary madness," she'd want me to call it a moment of "complete and permanent clarity.")


Within minutes of watching her latest video today, I announced on Twitter and Facebook that I was upping my desired 12-week weight loss goal from 35 pounds to 38.5 pounds. That means I have 22.5 pounds to lose by May 22!

What was I thinking?

Not a problem in the diet department, as I've been absolutely flawless when it comes to sticking to 1200 cals or under. It's the harder workouts I'll have to do that have me a little freaked out. Because I've been losing weight so steadily from the beginning, I didn't think I HAD to make my workouts too taxing.

So there. I admit it. I haven't been giving the exercise the same care and concern that I've been giving the food preparation. To be honest, I think I've even been coasting a bit.

I think I need to watch that clip (again!) that I posted yesterday from "Facing the Giants," especially the part where the coach says, "Don't quit until you got nothing left."

That's the attitude I need to reach this very achievable, but very challenging goal!

Or, as the USMC says:
Ooo-rah!

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Clarity I think. I believe that weight loss HAS to be a combined effort of diet, nutrition and mental toughness/determination. Awesome goal mate, I know you'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete