Monday, March 29, 2010

Negative inner voices: ACCESS DENIED





"Hey, negativity. You paying attention? You're not welcome here!"

I've mentioned it before, but the total amount of weight I want to lose is 116 lbs. As of last Wednesday (weigh-in day), I've shaved 15.5 lbs off that total!

I'm quite happy and excited about this loss. However, it can be VERY disheartening if I ponder too long on the fact that I have 100.5 lbs. to go.

It's like, "Woo-hoo, I only have ... ummm ... like ... 100 ... um, yeah ...100 ... pounds ... to ... go. :o( "

"100 lbs. to go"? I think to myself. "That means I'm STILL really, really FAT!"

But you know how I'm handling that? I'm just not letting myself go there. When it starts to enter my mind about how BIG I still am, I just think of something else. Pure and simple. Sometimes you just have to tell your inner voice to SHUT UP!! I've been doing that a lot lately. It seems to be working.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment